Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Inspirational Canvas with Quick Quotes

Happy Tuesday to you!  I have a fun project to share with you that I created for Quick Quotes recently.

I made an inspirational canvas to share with you featuring the all new "Anchors Aweigh" collection along with a few pieces from another new collection called "49 Shades of Grey". A while ago a friend of mine was creating a few of these canvases at a crop and I was very intrigued and wanted to give it a try.

Canvas featuring Anchors Aweigh Collection by Quick Quotes in she art style designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

I used my PowderPuff Chalk Inks to color the edges of my 8x10 canvas prior to adhering my pattern papers. I simply ripped them and decoupaged them on. You can see some tissue paper from an old pattern is used here as well.

Canvas featuring Anchors Aweigh Collection by Quick Quotes in she art style designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Canvas featuring Anchors Aweigh Collection by Quick Quotes in she art style designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

The heart and sentiment strips were stamped with PowderPuff Chalk Ink in Midnight Confessions. I used a paint brush with Peach to color in the heart and Blue Lagoon and Caribbean Blue blended to achieve the other colors in the heart.

Canvas featuring Anchors Aweigh Collection by Quick Quotes in she art style designed by Rhonda Van Ginkel

Here you can see some modeling paste that I used along with Gold Glimmer spray. The flourish rub-ons are from my Quick Quotes stash of goodies. They worked perfectly as little accents around the canvas. The wonderful thing about this technique is it doesn't matter if they adhere perfectly, you just take bits and pieces and rub them where you want an accent.

I hope I inspired you today to check out our new paper collections and don't be afraid to look in your stash to find another item or two that works with your project. If you feel a little stuck like I did at first, I spent some time checking out YouTube and Christy Tomlinson's videos were a great resource!.

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Anchors Aweigh: 100, 101102, 104, 106
49 Shades of Grey: 101
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Midnight Confessions, Peach Tree, Blue Lagoon, Feather Grey and Tahiti
Rub-Ons (Discontinued)

Other Products Used:
Julie Nutting Doll Stamp, Prima
Clearly the Right Words Stamps, Dylusions
Clearly Collaged Hearts, Diane Wakely Media
Copic Markers
Decoupage
Whipped Spackel by Faber-Castell
Stencils by Crafters Workshop
Distressed Textures and Stained Textures Stamps by BoBunny
Gold Glimmer Spray by BoBunny
Vintage Book Page and Pattern Tissue Paper
Diamond Stickles
Misc. Rub-Ons and Paints
White Pen

Thanks so much for stopping on over today! 



1 comment:

katieo said...

This is a fabulous canvas. I love all of the texture and the fun papers.