Friday, March 20, 2015

DIY Birds and Butterflies with DCWV!

Happy Friday to you!

I have a fun project to share with you today featuring a new DIY Project Stack from DCWV called
"Birds and Butterflies" DIY Stack".

"Kindergarten" (12x12 page)

I cut the teal paper on an angle so I could use the corners and stitched it down.  I worked the paper a bit with my fingers after inking it to bed over a little of the paper in a few spots.

Once I punched out my butterflies, I chose a line of the hombre colors and then used a variety of embossing folders on them to give a bit of texture. Glue Dots are perfect to adhere and allow for a bit of positioning movement!


A bit of ink on the borders and gems in the centers brought them to life.  I used some Stickles to create a few trails behind them as well.


Once I had the teal pieces stitched down, I added some mist splatters, then some modeling paste in the center. While that dried, I cut the zig zag piece with one of my dies. I matted my photo and tied a bit of string around it at the bottom.

The piece of cork is from the 6x6 The Adhesive Cork Stack. Finally, I cut the title Kindergarten word from grey cardstock in the Cardstock Stack - Neutrals. After I cut it, I inked with some Pumice Stone Distress Ink and then sprayed it with Goosebumps. It gives just the right amount of shine and texture.


DCWV Ingredients:

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Be sure to visit the DCWV Blog for even more inspiration for their beautiful products!!!

Have a super scrappity day!

No comments: