Monday, August 18, 2014

Season's Greetings with Cheery Lynn Designs

Happy Monday to you!  It's my day to host the blog over at Cheery Lynn Designs today.

I have a bit of Christmas inspiration to share with you featuring our new release dies "Season's Greetings Ornament" along with the "Dancing Snow Flurries" accents.


I cut the Season's Greetings Ornament from a cereal box, then colored the design using a paintbrush and some color mists. The green circle layer behind it is cut from corrugated paper. to help the design pop a little I used a Scallop Circle cut from vellum behind it.

The Lilith Doily Edger was cut to create a border strip.  I used it on the bottom under the layers and the little bit that I cut off, was folded over to create a tab at the top.

Tip:  
I adhered the Season's Greetings Ornament to the vellum using small amounts of Glossy Accents. To then attach the vellum to the green corrugate layer, I flipped over the vellum and touched my Glossy Accents again on the larger areas only of the design.  It worked really well.


I took some inspiration from Julie's recent post to distress the edges of my Poinsettia Strip flowers with a touch of gesso. I loved how it gives a bit of a shabby feel to them.  I also misted them and crumpled them before assembling and adding the gesso. Thank you Julie!

Cheery Lynn Designs Dies Used:

Other Products:
Christmas Collage Pattern Paper - BoBunny
Queen and Company Goosebumps
Ribbon
Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Gold, Green and Cherry

Please join us this week for our new challenge, "Doilies" - you could win a $20 gift certificate to the Cheery Lynn Designs online store just for playing along!

Thanks much for stopping on over to the blog today!  Have a super fabulous Monday.

No comments: